Hey guys,
here's my report of what i've done for Google Summer of Code (project JCI) during last month. The ' to-do' for me was to create a implementations for the following compillers:

 o javac
  o jikes
  o pizza
  o jruby
  o jpython

Since I'm sure that of those five Javac is the most important, i was mostly concentrated on designing a interface for it. I'm almost through it - here's what i've done: - a configuration class for Javac to which you can pass a number of parameters (just as you can do with Ant as you know)
 - feature that supports parsing of  compilation results for javac
- since JCI uses resource reader and you don't physically have files in your access - while javac needs them - i've wrote a class that emulates file respond when you request a Resource Reader

Along with all mentioned above, I've began to design a maven plugin for JCI. So far I can start in, but the difference among confgurators of different JCI compilers remains the main problem here. I think of creating a factory that processes configuration of all those compilers from maven config

So here's my plans for the following several weeks: I plan to start working on the net compiler (that would be jikes), and along with that I wlll proceed on creating that factory for maven.

Peter