Looks good to me. Only one thing I noticed - maybe need to flag some
of the dependencies in the project.xml so that if/when a maven2 pom is
generated.

I'm guessing that it doesn't require mx4j specifically - presumably
any JMX implementation so should this be marked as "provided"?

Also the "xml-apis" I assume is for JDK 1.3 and not necessary for JDK
1.4+ so maybe optional?

I had similar things after the Chain 1.1 release with Struts getting
unecessary addtional dependencies pulled in by m2.

Niall

P.S. If you decide to make these changes its not necessary IMO to cut
another RC.