On 7/22/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/22/06, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The proposal suggests two new lists, but I'd argue thats unecessary. One
> for svn, jira, wiki and gump is all thats needed. Basically everythng
> that is non-discussion and *might* be regarded as 'spam'.
>
> So, +1 to one new list, commons-auto? commons-build?, commons-gen?
>
> Or perhaps this should be a jakarta-wide list if we are one-jakarta ;-)

I'm not tied to multiple lists - so one list is fine by me.

I had a thought just now on the multiple list concept - and a positive
reason for splitting the lists in general. By having lists for
commits, jira, wiki, ci etc filters become a lot, lot easier. Much
easier for someone to come up with a list of commits they're
interested in and we can have people who are interested in their own
defined groupings while having to still see the general dev
discussions as they come through.

A far more predictable version of the [xxx] convention without the
risk that you'd miss the Re: svn commit emails.

The reason this occurred to me was that I pondered the 'mad'
suggestion of having [EMAIL PROTECTED] and thinking that it might not be as
mad as it sounds :)

Hen