On 7/24/06, Oliver Zeigermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks!

I have already uploaded the files for a 1.2 release candidate to

http://people.apache.org/~ozeigermann/tx-1.2rc1/

Not quite sure where to go from here.

Do we need a vote for the release candidate?

Its your judgement call on how long you give people to review the
release candidate before calling a vote. I would typically give it at
least a week before calling a vote for a first RC. If you have to roll
subsequent RC then possibly a shorter timescale depending on the
amount of change and how trivial/non-trivial the changes are from the
previous RC - but again its your judgement call. If you state the
planned timescale and anyone doesn't like it, they can always shout.

Where to put the files for the release candidate for public inspection?

Putting them in your personal space (as you have done) is the norm.

Thanks in advance for any hints and cheers

I think the hard part is usually getting a RC to pass a vote -
satisfying the issues raised/nit picks. Once you get through that and
the vote has passed, its just a case of following the "cutting a
release" guidelines:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html

I'll try to review rc1 soon and give you my feedback (hopefully not
much as I committed my transaction nit picks a week or two ago).

Niall

Oliver