On 7/30/06, Oliver Zeigermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2006/7/30, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  * Why are the dependencies (the lib folder) included in both distros?
> I'd prefer that they aren't, is there any particular reason why
> [transaction] does that?

The main build process uses ant which requires these libraries.

<snip/>

I'm not in favor of distributing deps along with Commons libraries'
distributions.

IMO:

* Its straightforward to provide an ant target to download the deps.

* Distribution of (potentially) 3rd party binaries (as an example,
JUnit, in this case) means we have to understand their licenses (by
refering to the ASF legal docs), determine reciprocity requirements as
needed etc. No bang for the buck here.

>  * The source distro contains the jar -- which I wouldn't expect to be there.

I thought that was the regular way. I.e. commons IO has the jar in the
source distribution as well.

<snap/>

OK. Taking another example, the [scxml] release does not, seems
component specific.

-Rahul

> And as a minor nit, there are 7 odd Javadoc warnings.

I will have a look at it.

Oliver