Hi,

I was considering using commons-i18n for my project to solve
internationalization.

I know the project is in the sandbox and more or less abandoned, but
is anybody actually using it?

It seems tha the documentation on the site is not consistent with the
state of the repo.
For example, the page at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/i18n/quickstart.html
suggests to use ResourceBundleMessageProvider.install() function which
i can't find in the checked-out code.
The ResourceBundleMessageProvider.install() call shows up in the jar
available for download at
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-i18n/distributions/

Am i missing something? is this project totally inconsistent and dead?
Is there a better way to do what it used to do?

I'm looking to have multiple modules of my app each use their own
message bundles, and i was hoping to avoid the pain of writing my own
ResourceBundle manager.
I'm trying to find the easiest off-the-shelf way of generating error
messages (where i can pass parameters).

any other suggestions?  There's an ICU library from IBM, but that
appears to be overkill for what i'm trying to do.

thanks

--
Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform