Hi all

I have done some work on a JDK 5.0 branch of Commons::Net. This may form the basis of a 2.0 release. Releases for earlier JDKs can continue along the 1.x branch. The major changes in the 2.0 branch are:

* FTPS (SSL/TLS) support has been added
* FTPClient doesnt extend TelnetClient any longer
* The build now uses Maven 2
* [net] is now standalone - no external dependencies outside the JDK itself
* One new FTP parser (Netware) has been added, and the MVS parser has been heavily updated * A mini "FTP-only" jar (~ 90k) is available for clients who just need FTP functionality

A full list of changes can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/site/changes-report.html

I have made the distribution (*unsigned* as yet) available for inspection:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/

And the site is available:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/site/

Some more docs are yet to be added. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Rory