Rahul Akolkar wrote:
On 9/9/06, Oliver Heger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is a vote for releasing version 1.3 of Commons Configuration based
on the second release candidate
<snip/>

---------------
[X] +1  I support this release
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1  I oppose this release because...
----------------

<snap/>
Hi Rahul,

thanks for your vote and feedback.

I would like to, however, see the following fixed before the release:

* Add maven.compile.source/target properties to the
project.properties file itself (lesser chance of getting it "wrong")
I had some trouble with these properties when building with different JDKs:
- When creating the release build with a JDK 1.3 the compiler will complain because it does not understand the source property. So I dropped it. - When building on a JDK 1.5 the compiler requires a source property when a target property is set. So I also dropped the target.

Is there a better solution for this problem?

* Ant build (I know its secondary, but still) produces an
unacceptable jar file (no LICENSE, NOTICE, bogus MANIFEST)
Done!

After the release, if you agree, we should address the checkstyle
issues appropriately (which might include disabling a few rules etc.).
Fine with me.

Oliver