----- Original Message ----
From: Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I'll probably build the jar/dist etc under
> 1.3 rather than 1.2 for the first RC, so there will be a known
> issue of 'build needs to be under 1.2' still to resolve.

Despite my previous protestations, I believe that releasing using 1.3 is
acceptable. The troublesome StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer) method was added
in JDK1.4, and I've never heard of any similar JDK level issues between 1.2 and
1.3. 1.2 is also almost impossible to get running on most systems these days.

For Joda-Time I use the phrase "We now recommend JDK 1.3 or later, and have
performed no testing on earlier JDKs." That would cover us.

Stephen