On 9/24/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/22/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/22/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've rolled an RC2, and based on the comments for RC1 it seems like
> > it's worth taking a stab at a release vote on this one.
> >
> > The relevant files are available at:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang-2.2-rc2/
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Sigs, sums look good. Source dists.
>
> Few observations:
>
> (1) Jar file contains two identical LICENSE.txt files

Weird. I can't seem to replicate it - bit surprised that the zip api
being used allows that. I'll look for that when I build rc-3.

<snip/>

I couldn't either. Thanks for the other changes, IMO, they don't
require a new RC. My vote, therefore, is:

<BALLOT>

The relevant files are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang-2.2-rc2/

[X] +1
[ ] -1

</BALLOT>

-Rahul

> (2) Manifest of jar in binary distribution contains botched entries, such as:

Gah. Thought I had this fixed. Should be good for the next rc.

> (3) More generally, jar in binary distribution doesn't match "standalone" jar

Yup, I grabbed the Maven jar not the Ant one (ant dist-build didn't
leave a jar, but does now).

> (4) Javadoc index page contains this (continues to mention 2.1):
>
> "This document is the API specification for the Apache Jakarta Commons
> Lang Library, version 2.1."

Fixed.

> I guess (1) through (3) has to do with building the distros on your
> Mac and the other jar elsewhere?

More to do with juggling Ant/JDK 1.3 and Maven/JDK 1.4.

Thanks Rahul.

Hen