Starting to think about the next Lang release. 2.3 had a few Enum
issues to look at.

LANG-76 - Complex issue in initializing under JDK 1.5.
LANG-262 - ClassLoader issue. Possible fix committed, but no testing done yet.
LANG-258 - Improve Enum javadoc. I've been doing some work on this.

There were a couple of other ones, but I've moved them over to 3.0.
One of them implied functionality change that would better fit a major
release and the other was concerning test improvements.

There are 5 issues resolved in 2.3 currently. These would be moved to 3.0.

Now for the argument-inducing part:

I think Lang 3.0 should have JDK 1.5 as a minimum. This allows us to
focus on adding improvements to features in JDK 1.3->1.5, and we would
also cleanup by deleting deprecated classes/packages. LANG-76 and
LANG-258 both are 1.5 focused, so they'd fit quite happily there.
LANG-262 hasn't had any feedback, so I'm in no rush to push it
through.

So the biggest issue is whether the 5 resolved issues need to be
released earlier. Two are enhancements to StringUtils, so not
important. The other three are bugs - one in DurationFormatUtils and
the others in cyclic object handling in the builder package. They
could be backported to a 2.2.1 release(?).

Any thoughts?

Hen