On 11/3/06, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There has been reltively little feedback on these backwards incompatible
changes. Do I assume (by lazy consensus) that [collections-generics]
will be seriously backwards incompatible? Can I commit changes? Are we
agreed on the strategy "produce the best API", rather than "produce a
compatible API".

<snip/>

We don't need everyone to agree (assuming commits go to the jdk5 branch).

[collections] has had a good life, perhaps its time for a makeover. I see it as:

a) Produce a lean jdk5 worthy API, remove jdk redundancy, generify
b) There could be a separate exercise to generify with BC, if anyone is upto it
c)  Stare at (a) as [collections-generics/collections5] and (b) as
[collections]++ and decide -- only needed if (b) comes to exist

-Rahul

Stephen