Luc,

I am about to commit the code.  Actually was working on that when I
saw this.  Once I have the code in, submit the patch against the code
in svn.

Thanks!

-Phil

On 11/19/06, Luc Maisonobe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
An issue has been identified in the Mantissa 6.3 version that was used
as a base for the code base I donated some time ago. I have set up a
patch that should fix the issue in this base. Should I send it directly
to the list (it is 24k uncompressed) or to someone else (Phil) ?

The problem was related to switching functions in the Ordinary
Differential Equations package. If a switching function triggered a
derivatives discontinuity (which is a classical use for switching
functions), the integrator may still reuse the derivatives computed at
the switch time before the switch instead of recomputing them still at
the switch time but after the switch. This leads to stability problems
and even failures in the Gragg-Bulirsch-Stoer integrator which by
default does check stability.

I took the opportunity to also remove the deprecated methods and classes
I forgot to remove in the first place in two classes.

I'm aware Mantissa is still in the incubator, are there any news about
this state ? I have sent the updated Software Grant on October the 24th.

Luc