Henri Yandell wrote:
On 11/26/06, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, Niall,

On 11/26/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would have preferred the release be cut using maven1 rather than m2.
> The maven1 build is tried and tested and the gripes of those of us
> that checked out previous releases have been fixed in the maven1
> build. I guess that doesn't matter if the release is up to scratch but
> would be interested to know if others think we're ready for releases
> using m2 yet?

See for example

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=115714503628112&w=2
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=115719054100004

In those threads Phil points out that the Maven-2 sites need to look
the same as the current Commons sites.

There are a couple of sandbox components using Maven-2 sites as a test
- csv is one; but the css isn't right yet. Dennis (I think) talked
about needing a commons skin for Maven-2.

Yep, that's correct. The component sites generated by Maven 2 is not yet up to par with the one's done by Maven 1. In my opinion more work is needed before we can use Maven 2 to generate and publish our sites. Setting up a commons-skin is the "right way" to go, but I have so far been unsuccessful in creating one.

<snip/>

--
Dennis Lundberg