On 11/28/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/28/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

> A side-effect of this is that the identity of the distro (whether it
> came from an RC or a release) is no longer in the artifact itself, but
> in the location where it is downloaded from.
>
> Given the advantage (to put it mildly) that the voted artifacts now
> become the released ones, that would probably have to do. I plan to do
> this for digester 1.8.

I think the potential confusion issue should be pretty limited ... we only
mention these things on the dev list, and (if we do things correctly) it'll
shortly be followed by a vote anyway.

Without real bits to vote on, it's really hard to provide proper oversight,
no matter how much you trust the RM (and I do :-), and the build process
being used.

<snap/>

Indeed, there should be minimal need for any trust in that equation.
Now we just need a volunteer to update the Commons release docs.

-Rahul

Craig