Hi Jörg!
>> It's already changed for the m2 build. I don't know if its worth to
>> relocate the m1.
>>

> It's just that the M1 and M2 repos are kind of mirrored. Using the groupId in
> one repo means automatically the same for the M2 repo. But again, this is no
> stopper for the current release, we have plenty of component to relocate
> after the switch :)

good :-)

>> This get succeeded!! Unhappily the ant build do not stop now but tries
>> the other possible repositories too.
>>

> Sorry, I should have looked better myself ...

No problem!

>> testSetLastModified(org.apache.commons.vfs.test.LastModifiedTe
>> sts):FAILED
>>

> My Gentoo Linux is running on XFS, tests done with JDK 1.5.0.10. I will have
> a closer look at the test this evening. Which JDK did you try? At least in
> current Win releases of JDK 5 Sun did some changes in the native FS code of
> the VM (longer paths than 260 chars <g>), other changes might have happened
> for other native FS support code too.

During the distribution build I use jdk 1.4, else I use JDK 1.5.0.9 or
JDK 1.6.
>From the Exception I can see that setting the lastModTime simply didnt work.

Hmmm ... maybe try also:

FileObject fo = VFS.getManager().resolveFile("/tmp/anyFile.txt");
fo.createFile();
Thread.sleep(2000);
long setTo = System.currentTimeMillis();
fo.getContent().setLastModifiedTime(setTo);
System.err.println(setTo);
System.err.println(fo.getContent().getLastModifiedTime());

(code just top off my head, so sorry for any error)

both outputs should show the same time, please also compare it with
# stat /tmp/anyFile.txt

I've tried some tests with xfs now (not the complete test suite, just
the lastModTime stuff) and it works here, though, what I have seen is,
that VFS do not check if setLastModified succeed, thus, if java reports
"false" this will be silently ignored.

I've seen it will report false if the file and/or directory has the
wrong permission. Please double check if you are the owner of the file
and/or the correct rwx permissions are set.

I'll schedule a fix for it for VFS 1.1, then it will throw an exception
if it was not possible to change the lastModTime.

Ciao,
Mario