On 12/28/06, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

in light of

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116560781629523&w=2

and following a suggestion by Jörg Schaible, I'd like to propose the
attached patch. It introduces properties

    commons.deployment.protocol
    commons.deployment.release.url
    commons.deployment.rc.url

The former is specifies as "scp" and may be overwritten, for example,
to be "scpexe". The others are used by the "release" and "rc"
profiles, respectively. Both are referencing
${commons.deployment.protocol}.

In other words, the proposed patch is upwards compatible with the
current settings, except that it allows to override the deployment
protocol or URL. Both makes sense, IMO. For example, nightly builds
might wish to override the "rc" URL.

Thoughts? If noone else intervenes, I'll apply the patch.

<snip/>

Meant to get back to this (but got distracted). Thanks for following
up with a proposal.

Since that thread, we now have more data points about scpexe://
because I had the same problem with the Shale master pom (see thread
linked in from the comment in issue below for feedback received from
Linux, Windows -- with and without Cygwin -- and Mac users):

http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-369

So, it seems just changing scp:// to scpexe:// is a decent solution
(and simpler). Are you still +0 to that?

-Rahul

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)