On 12/30/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 12/30/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> 3. The class files in the test jars are different.
>
> Out of curiosity: How did you detect that?

I wanted to make *really* sure that everything was OK, so I build
everything with both Ant and Maven 2. Then I unpacked the jars that were
created by each build. After that I used a diff tool [1] to see which
files were different. The tool handles binary files as well, but I
couldn't see what the difference was. The first thing that sprung to
mind was that they had different class versions. So I googled a bit and
found this Swing based tool [2] that can tell you the version of a
class, among other things.

'javap' utility (part of J2SDK) with '-c -l -s -verbose' arguments provides
information about content of 'class' file. I've found it very useful for such
checks.

Regards,
Tomek

[1] Araxis Merge, Commercial for Windows only
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/classeditor/

--
Dennis Lundberg