Ah - I get you.

I'm planning on doing that in more detail as well when
I get some time to play with VFS.

Here's the Javadoc page for EMF's URI object:

http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.emf.doc/references/javadoc/org/eclipse/emf/common/util/class-use/URI.html

It has a long description.

That would be on collaboration opportunity right
there...documentation.

I'll post back more once I have had a chance to
compare the two in more detail.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=21615&group=eclipse.tools.emf#21615