On 1/2/07, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Using the commons-nightly/jira-email.vm swizzle script, I've got a
> report for the Commons projects that lets us see the status of things.
> Here's the output:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/jira-report-for-commons.txt
>
> The aim is to provide us with information on where projects are
> release-wise and where we are in terms of answering new issues. Some
> of our components aren't there - for example Jelly which has 77
> unversioned issues and Attributes/Discovery which are ready to be
> retired. Some of the ones there should probably be removed for having
> too many unversioned issues.
>
> I was pondering whether this would have value to be emailed to
> commons-dev once a week?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Hen

Nice!

Just need some help with interpretation:

Commons BeanUtils   <----- Component (got that one)
   1.8.0 - 19 / 79
     ^     ^    ^
     |     |    |
----+     |    |
version   |    |
           |    |
----------+    |
solved issues  |
in that vers.? |
---------------+
total scheduled issues for that version?

Explaining it would have been a stunning idea :)

You got it right. Version, resolved, total. Using resolved seemed more
natural than unresolved. After that I leave it up to human
interpretation - it's unlikely that "2/2" means that a release should
happen, but "31/32" should mean it's time to release soon.

I'd like to include a bit of info in the 'Unresolved" list on the
number of comments (and unique comment authors), but that's not
currently implemented (either in Swizzle or JIRA not sure where it's
missing), so I need to go figure out why not.

Hen