Hi Mario,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Truezip (https://truezip.dev.java.net), but it's a library that allows for read + write access to zip/gz/tar/bz2 and other types of archives.

I've implemented a quicky VFS provider for it, and it seems to work (took all of a whopping 20 minutes :-) ).

I'm wondering if VFS is interested in this code - I'd be happy to contribute it. (it's just three classes and largely copied from the local filesystem implementation).

Let me know if you're interested and how you'd like to proceed. Truezip is under ASF license; and has been released (v 6.4 currently), so I doubt that we'll run into problems for releasing
this.

Cheers!
- Filip