Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Hi

Before I dive head-first into this I thought I'd ask first. I'd like to unify the M2 generated sites for all sandbox components, by making use of commons-skin. This would mean:

1. Make various changes to the sandbox-parent, which is currently located in sandbox-trunk:
- Remove local style rules
- Remove stuff that is inherited from commons-parent, most notably maven-classic-skin

Done.

2. Change pom.xml and site.xml for many sandbox components
- Make sure inheritance is correct

Done

- Align navigation structure

I've created a sample file for this, but will create a new thread to discuss this.

- Remove stuff that is inherited from sandbox-parent

Done

3. Re-publish the sites for all sandbox components
- Do "mvn site:deploy" for all sandbox components

I've staged the sandbox site, with all currently published components here:

  http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-sandbox/

Please have a look and give me some feedback.

Still left to fix:
- I've cheated in a few places, regarding the images that I mentioned before. Will be fixed once we decide to ditch M1 for building sandbox sites.
- Have to get rid of "Version: 1-SNAPSHOT" on the main page.

- Would like to move sandbox-parent to its own directory in SVN

Not yet...

- If we feel that it's necessary at this time: release commons-skin, commons-parent and sandbox-parent

See other threads soon...

Does this sound OK to you?

--
Dennis Lundberg