On 1/16/07, Santhosh Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We have been working on lots of Network and socket related projects in
Java. While doing so, I found the lack of a good utility class to handle
the byte conversion to convert the data types (like int or long or float
etc) into bytes and visa-versa. So has worked on a class called
ByteUtils which deals with such methods.  We have been using this class
in many of our internal projects and found very stable.

I would like ByteUtils to be included the lang library and sure it is
good addition to it.  Please let me know what you guys think.

Sounds interesting. We didn't get an attachment here, so could you
create a JIRA issue ( http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG ) and
attach it to that?

The aim is to get 2.3 out soon and then think about the next version -
so we would probably discuss this in the next version discussions.

Thanks,

Hen