Hi Dennis,

Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> On 2/5/07, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi Jochen,

>>> +1
>>>
>>> from my personal experience with a different project all I can say is
>>> that changing the groupId is
>>> a task that is not very well supported by M2. The available docs are
>>> spare, do not work as they
>>> are described or are out of date. So changing the groupId is a task
>>> that should be done for a
>>> reference project that volunteers to go through all the hassle with a
>>> direct helping hand from
>>> some Maven folks.
>
> I put together this document when I was trying to pull through the whole
> groupId change last time:
>
>    http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html
>
> There is never a good time to change the groupId. My view is that we
> should do it when we move to M2, both as a build tool and as the target
> repository.

Yes, I tried to use this description for a M1 -> M2 situation. In the end
Carlos' advice was to ignore all the old versions and simply start with the
new M2 releases also to use the new groupId and add for those releases only
a relocation POM. The problem with adjusting the old releases is, that the
location for the relocation POMs is already occupied by the automatically
generated POMs for M2 on the global M2 repo (see
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1/).
And since they're already published, they cannot be changed anymore.

[snip]

- Jörg