On 2/11/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/02/2007, at 2:49 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:

> I am preparing DBCP 1.2.2 final now.  What exactly should I be
> doing?  The
> jdk  <= 1.3 version of DBCP does not  build  under maven - even
> maven 1 -
> because it needs to use conditional compilation to handle JDBC
> version step
> down.  The Ant build handles this, and has build properties
> configured to
> locate the std-ext jar.  The maven 1 build has no dependency on the
> std-ext
> jar (but only works on 1.4+).

Hi Phil,

this is really only important for the deployed pom.xml. Currently,
DBCP doesn't have one, so it must be converted from project.xml - and
I don't see jdbc in there. It looks like it has been removed since
the last release, so everything should work better now - though on
java 1.3 folks will have to manually add jdbc-stdext themselves. The
only alternative is to produce a pom.xml that caters to both cases.
If you wanted to do that I'd be happy to help.

OK, we can do that post 1.2.2, which is an m1 release.  As I said above, the
conditional compilation stuff may present some challenges, but we can try to
get it working in m2.  You are correct that the std-ext dependency was in
1.2.1 project.xml and was removed since, so I guess pushing out the m1-based
1.2.2 release and then getting to work on the m2 build is the best way to
go.

Phil

- Brett