scenario 3 is with no relocation pom at all, so users get involved by
having to explicitly change the groupId

On 2/13/07, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't understand the distinction you make between scenario 1 and 3 :

if new release use a relocation pom under commons-xxx and DOESN'T deploy a
jar under this group
- maven2 users will get relocated artifact + a warning to update
dependencies
- maven1 users will not get the new version, may ask for it or only found
the POM and will update dependencies

am I wrong ?

Nico.