Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
On 2/16/07, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (1) The md5 files do not contain the file name, which is standard for
> commons components (see section 2 of [1]).

This is the way Maven 2 generates *and* checks it. So if you change those, I am quite sure, that every M2 user will get always a warning because of the
checksum!

I believe that Olivers and your concerms can be resolved by proposing
that the files that go into /www/www.apache.org/dist are distributed
as proposed by Oliver. OTOH, the files that go into the Maven
repository won't have a file name.

See commons-io in the maven2 repository:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/1.3/commons-io-1.3.jar.md5

The *filename part is present.

Does it cause any issues? I don't know, I don't use maven 2. I doubt it though as no ones ever complained.

Stephen