[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote :

> Modified: jakarta/commons/proper/math/trunk/pom.xml
[snip]
> -      <name>Jörg Weimar</name>
> +      <name>J�rg Weimar</name>

It seems the name of this contributor get corrupted when I checked in
the pom file after modifying unrelated lines. The XML header does not
specify any encoding here, so the default value should be UTF-8 but in
fact the original character was not UTF-8.

I could fix this either by simultaneaously ensuring UTF-8 encoding in
the XML header and using an UTF-8 character, or by using a XML entity
(&#246; in this case). Is there some widely adopted policy for pom files
and do they really support non-ASCII characters ?

Luc