I already asked for a 2.2.1 release to remove those "-Extension" in
manifest, as they break running my app under tomcat 4.

Those libs are only required by the compiler jar, not the api (runtime) jar,
tho they can be removed from the manifest. This manifest is hand-writen and
is included during the ant build. Building with maven doesn't include it.

@see
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg88665.html

Nico.

2007/3/6, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Henri Yandell wrote on Monday, March 05, 2007 9:45 PM:

> On 3/5/07, Leo Sutic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/qdox/jars/qdox-1

>>> AFAICS the manifest is OK according the spec
>>>
> (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Name-V
> alue%20pairs%20and%20Sections)
>>> by respecting the line length of 72 bytes. Longer lines violate the
>>> manifest ...
>>
>> Heh. Thanks - I had no idea. Well, that explains where those line
>> breaks came from. I guess the ball is in the other court then.
>
> I'm aiming to make a 2.2.1 release at some point for this - but low
> energy towards it currently. The above is good to know, said manifest
> was generated by a Sun JDK (1.4 I presume) on a Linux box, so nothing
> out of the ordinary.
>
> Is there an issue raised with Maven for this?

Don't think so. What exactly is the reported problem?

- Jörg