--- Martin van den Bemt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> IANAL, so not going to give you advise on this

Yes, I can't believe I missed something so elementary
as a disclaimer that I don't expect anyone on this
mailing list to BE a lawyer and hereby avow my
acknowledgement that no advice I receive in the
context of this thread constitutes any form of
liability on the part of the advisor regarding the
correctness/completeness of the advice.

> scenario :) I tend to prevent this scenario, by
> starting an "open source" for such things. Most
> employers will say yes to this, especially if you
> invest a lot of your own time in creating this :)

Too late now, in this specific scenario.  :)  Actually
they have expressed their willingness to allow me to
open-source a couple of my codebases, but as I'm
turning in my resignation today and it hasn't happened
yet I assume they won't care about doing that anymore.
 But I plan to mention it anyway in case they like to
think of it as free support for some of the code I
wrote while there.

> I started doing it like this, since at a certain
> point in time, I was promised I could use that code
> base in any way I wanted and couldn't get permission
> when leaving that company.
> (my project xulux is an example of this, although
> sadly enough I lack the time to work on it)
>
> Just some thoughts ;)

Thanks, Martin!

-Matt