That 403s. Can you fix the perms?

Hen

On 3/15/07, Matt Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry for the lack of a bracketed subtopic.  But
that's my point.  ;)  I have some code--mostly
extracted from Ant--to check a library's
implementation version, e.g. if you know you need at
least version x.x.x of a class because a bug was fixed
or some such, but there may be no clear indicator in
the library's API to tell you its version.  The code
basically finds the top-level parent whence the class
was loaded (jar file or folder), locates the manifest
and returns the value of its Implementation-Version
attribute.  There is an example archive at
http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/sharedfiles/ImplementationVersion.tar.gz
.

My questions are: what is the overall opinion of the
community on whether this code is gp enough to be of
wide use, and whether it is a smart fit anywhere in
the commons.

TIA,
Matt