On 17.03.2007, at 15:20, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

Folks,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the auto-discovery mechanism in
Commons Logging is believed to be the only major gripe about JCL.

What happened to the idea of releasing a version of JCL that retains the
full API compatibility with JCL 1.0.x and 1.1.x but with the
auto-discovery mechanism removed / disabled per default?

Good question I also really liked that idea. But I guess someone just have to do it.

...but you don't have to wait for that - write your own LogFactory implementation.
At least that's what we did.

cheers
--
Torsten