On 3/17/07, Torsten Curdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2) Multi-project
>>
>> JCI uses the maven2 multi-project feature for modularity. Now this
>> makes it the first multi-project release in commons and question is
>> how we should handle versioning and voting procedure. In theory it
>> would be good to be able to have individual releases of the modules.
>> Suggestions are welcome.
>
> What are the different modules for - can you give a brief description?

JCI is basically split up into

  o fam - the filesystem alteration monitor
  o core - core interfaces and classes
  o compiler implementations for
    - eclipse
    - janinio
    - groovy
    - javac
    - rhino
    - jsr199
  o examples - some examples showing how to use jci

I had a quick look at the "filesystem alteration monitor" module -
looks like could be useful component for people outside of JCI. If
you're planning on releasing modules independantly anyway, maybe it
should be a commons component in its own right (or perhaps part of
Commons IO?).

Niall

cheers
--