I'm new to maven and apache development, and need some help...

I've downloaded Maven 2.0.5, and it isn't able to run the script in the new generics branch of commons collections (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/collections/branches/collections_jdk5_branch).

   * There's a project.xml instead of pom.xml
   * The pom version is 3 instead of 4
   * I'm unsure how much of the instructions in the readme are correct

Ant is the primary build tool, but I figure that maven is the dependency manager, so I can use that to retrieve the junit jars etc to be able to run the ant scripts (presumably the maven will create build.properties to point stuff to the right place).

I think the best thing to do is upgrade the build process to the latest, as it is a "completely new" project.

If this is correct, can someone reply, or raise a ticket for the changes.

Thanks

Stephen (K)