Henri Yandell wrote:
On 3/20/07, Torsten Curdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Let's check with Oliver on the commons-configuration-integration. I
>>> know that was a subject that's come up a few times (last time I
>>> needed
>>> a cli type thing, I went with configuration and much preferred
>>> it; it
>>> just needs a cli like option).
>>>
>> I had a short glance at this branch (I was not aware that it existed
>> before). There are the two classes ConfigurationCommandLine and
>> CommandLineConfiguration that implement the integration in both
>> directions. They are pretty simple (probably because the APIs of
>> cli and
>> configuration are similar), but seem to be functional.
>>
>> I am not sure how to proceed here. The code of the
>> CommandLineConfiguration class could be added to CONFIGURATION-211
>> (enhancement request for a command line configuration). But should
>> configuration declare another dependency to cli?
>
> It's optional ... why not?

So what is the plan? Move the code to configuration and nuke that
particular cli branch?

+1.

Hen

I have added the CommandLineConfiguration class from that branch to the mentioned ticket. There is still another class called ConfigurationCommandLine, which is a CLI command line backed by a configuration object. I don't see much value for this class in Configuration (or - to be honest - for its existence at all).

Oliver