Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-commons Wiki"
for change notification.

The following page has been changed by StephenKestle:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Collections/GenericCollections/DevelopmentGuidelines

The comment on the change is:
Added test coverage section

  (This page needs debate or consensus)

- == Testing ==
+ == Testing / QA ==
  As a core Java development API (and without any external system
dependencies), Collections should have a set of tests that are '''deterministic
(quasi-mathmatical) proofs''' of the operation of the system.  Each test should
stand alone.

  === JUnit 4 ===
@@ -13, +13 @@

  === Mock Objects ===
  For testing the new version, we will be using [dynamic] Mock Objects.  This
is because they provide absolute isolation of the classes under test.  Because
the collections package is a core api, and is relatively simple, there is no
need to test with fully constructed objects [and they'd get in the way over
time].

+ === Coverage ===
+ (This really needs soem debate)
+ For many of the classes, 100% coverage is warranted - CollectionUtils etc.
In others, some leniency may be warranted (PredicateUtils.andPredicate).
However, 100% should be aimed for as this is a core java api, and where it is
not achieved, some explanation/consideration should be given.
+
+ [http://emma.sourceforge.net EMMA] seems to be a good fit for acheiving high
coverage, as it supports the notion of
[http://emma.sourceforge.net/faq.html#q.fractional partial line coverage].
It's license is CPM (which I think is ASL compatible), where as Cobertura is
GPL'd, and so is not suitable [or is it?  this is only for building, and is not
extended].
+