Niall Pemberton wrote:
On 4/5/07, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> one

>> > How do you do that - I also have an old id.
>>
>> As JIRA admin you find it in the user browser and select delete.
>

> I got a warning when I did that saying " This user cannot be deleted at
> this
> time because there are issues assigned to them, they have reported issues,
> or they are currently the lead of a project"

Yea, that happened for me too.  I dived into the general JIRA settings
and found that nobody was allowed to change the reporter of an issue. I
have changed this now so that jira-administrators can do it.

Here's what I did to get rid of my old user:

Filter all issues reported by old user
Bulk change -> transition -> reopen (for all closed issues)
Bulk change -> edit -> set reporter to new user
Bulk change -> transition -> close
Delete old user

One thing to keep in mind though, when you reopen an issue the
resolution gets reset. So you need to remember the resolution for each
issue :-(
I'll investigate further.

Do you want me to move all issues from
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" to "niallp" for you?

Yes please, that would be great if you could.

Niall

Done, I also removed your old account.

--
Dennis Lundberg