Please let me know if this is the correct way of submitting code to the
project.
Better would be to open a ticket (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS) and submit the files there. Things will get lost on the mailing list. Especially since we all seem to be rather busy... http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Collections/GenericCollections/Contributors may be of interest on that point...
We would also appreciate any comments or suggestions on the
code itself.
Again, a ticket will help track this as well.

Cheers

Stephen