Oliver Heger a écrit :
I fear, making getConnection() package private is a binary incompatible change. So please revert this change.

This change is not binary compatible indeed, but the method was protected, just introduced in configuration 1.4, and unlikely to be used by anyone (getDatasource().getConnection() is preferable to get a connection). I wish I could have seen this before the release, I'd like to keep the API as clean as possible and prevent unnecessary classes and methods in the javadocs, otherwise it's confusing for the users.

+1 for the enhanced documentation!

I'm still catching up on the unread mails of the dev list, someone complained about the lack of documentation for DatabaseConfiguration so I wrote the javadoc. An entry in the userguide would be nice too.

Emmanuel Bourg