Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

<snip/>

Actually we have the generic methods ! :) I didn't add more specialized get methods in DataConfiguration for the new types, instead I introduced generic getters :

get(Class cls, String key)

getArray(Class cls, String key)

getList(Class cls, String key)

The specialized getters now call the generic getters (except for Date and Calendar), this cuts the nloc by a half. It might be worth moving these methods into AbstractConfiguration now, they offer the features of DataConfiguration without the horde of methods. They would be a nice addition to the Configuration interface for the next major release too.

Regarding the converters I believe we'll probably delegate this part to another API sooner or later (Morph, Beanutils...), but I don't want to add another core dependency. I was thinking about a pluggable conversion system, we would provide a basic implementation derived from the current code in PropertyConverter, and if someone wants more complex conversions he could plug a custom converter using another API.

Emmanuel Bourg

Fine, then we are pretty much in line.

Oliver