Comments:

--- Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Good evening,
> >
> > in two projects of mine I use something like a
> CSV-Object Mapper, which I
> > have developed. I would like to share it and make
> a project of it. My
> > mapper goes a lot further than the three existing
> csv-projects, but is not
> > much code either.
> >
> > by Sebastian
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> My first thought is that String->Object mapping is
> something that
> comes up a lot. We had a Commons Convert sandbox
> project a while back,
> but it was overmodelled. Now Morph (spawned out of
> the Convert
> discussions) is interested in joining, and of course
> BeanUtils still
> has conversion code in (this is what lead to the
> Convert component).
> So my assumption (architectually) for a CSV-Object
> mapper would be to
> hook a csv parser up to Morph. I've not tried that,
> so I might be
> missing lots.

This is similar to what I am doing with Morph--in my
day job I have written a fixed length file library and
am in the final stages of using Morph to effect
dumping an Object graph onto a "record" structure.
There still remains hope that this library might see
the light of day as an OSS project, FWIW...

-Matt