On 5/18/07, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My preference would be to support JDK1.3 and JDK1.5 versions, rather
than JDK1.4.

When you say "support" do you mean two active versions under
development or the moving the main development to JDK 1.5 with a JDK
1.3 branch mainly for bug fixes?

I don't have a problem with moving to JDK 1.5 - but are you talking
evolutionary or revolutionaty (i.e. binary incompatible, package name
change etc.) here? Like Jochen IMO it would be better if you expand on
your intention.

If desired, these calls can be implemented using reflection, so they
work on JDK1.4 but not on JDK1.3.

They could, but Its not something I'd be interested in doing.

Niall

Stephen