On 5/21/07, Matt Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
AFAIK JXPath JIRA is in fine shape.  Only two open
enhancement requests, both of which have been deemed
to be major-version caliber changes.  As a newcomer to
Jakarta and a maven novice, I am now seeking input
from the community on the process of building an RC
and following through for a release of Commons JXPath
1.3 .

I just ran "maven dist" and checed out the JXPath build - looks in
reasonable shape, I fixed up a few JavaDoc warnings, corrected the
copyright date in the NOTICE file and added a missing source file
header that RAT highlighted.

The only thing I couldn't see were release notes for 1.3. If you do
those then IMO you're ready to cut a release candidate - IF you're
happy to release using maven1. If thats the case then theres
reasonably good notes on the Commons Site:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

However most people do a slight variation on these. If however you
want to do a release using maven2, then first you need an m2 pom (I
can help with that) - then probably need to wait to see the issues
resolved with (and release of) the commons parent pom. Hopefully the
m2 gurus will sort it out soon.

Anyway happy to help if you want.

Niall

TIA,