On 5/28/07, Ingmar Kliche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rahul,

the <send> tag may be used to send events to external systems or to
raise (external) events within the current SCXML session. I'm trying
to structure my SCXML document into logically and hierarchically separated
state machines (within one document, i.e. without invoking an external SCXML
state machine!) using the parallel construct. I'd like to send events
between the different parts using the <send> tag including event payload (
i.e. namelist attribute).

But as far as I understand the current implementation of <send> (execute()
in ..scxml/model/Send.java) a given payload (namelist) will not be attached
to the TriggerEvent() which is feeded back into the state machine. Is this
intended? I do not understand the spec in this way that events which are
injected into the current session may not carry a payload. What do you
think?

<snip/>

I agree. I think in this scenario, the payload should be a map with
the variable name value pairs (from the namelist). I'll fix this in a
couple of days when I get a chance, if you want you can open an issue
to track this [1].

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/issue-tracking.html

Regards,