On 6/12/07, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/12/07, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> > Phil Steitz wrote:
> >> Failed build logs:
> >> http://vmbuild.apache.org/~commons/nightly/logs//20070612/beanutils.log
> >> http://vmbuild.apache.org/~commons/nightly/logs//20070612/logging.log

> > Now I'm confused. From what I can tell by the log for logging, all the
> > builds were successful. Might be something wrong with the nightly
> > script. Will have a look.
> >

> Found it. On line 280 we do this:
>
>   if [ `ls target/commons-$component*.jar` ] # build succeeded
>
> With commons logging there is more than one such jar file, which makes
> for an unpredictable response from "ls". We should probably do something
> along the lines of this instead:
>
>   if [ -f target/commons-$component*.jar ] # build succeeded
>
> I'll let one of the unix gurus figure that the exact details, since I
> don't have an environment set up to try this properly.

Ugh.  IIRC there is a comment above that line saying that that ugly
hack should be replaced by examining return code from m1, m2 ;-)  If
Hen does not beat me to it, I will fix this.  Thanks for chasing it
down.

I just spent 4 hours fighting through escaped HTML in XSL; and after
some son-time my time is owed to Jochen for the IO release. I'm not
going to be beating you to anything :)

Hen