Hi James!
> I didn't know there was an issue between the two.  I know that I can
> update
> the dependency in the pom and change the WebdavConnectionManager to
> have the
> required methods and it works (at least it compiles).  I don't have the
> integration test environment set up, though.
Ok, so I'll give it a try.
Could you attach the patch to a jira issue please.
Btw, in the VFS HEAD the WebdavConnectionManager has been moved to the
http filesystem and renamed to ThreadLocalHttpConnectionManager as it
turned out that it is useful there too.

Ciao,
Mario

> On 6/20/07, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi James!
>> > Help!  I'm in "jar hell" (again).  Apparently, HttpClient v2.0.2 and
>> > 3.0.1(current stable release) are not binary compatible.  They
>> > introduced
>> > setParams()/getParams() methods into the HttpConnectionManager
>> interface.
>> > However, VFS' WebdavConnectionManager doesn't implement these methods
>> > and it
>> > can't unless it upgrades its dependency to HttpClient 3.0.1, since the
>> > property type of the "params" property isn't introduced until 3.0.1.
>> > This
>> > causes a major issue, because my project requires the 3.0.1 version of
>> > HttpClient, but we're also using VFS' webdav support, so we're
>> > required to
>> > stick with HttpClient 2.0.2 to resolve this issue.  Any suggestions?
>> >
>> Looks like we have to find out whats the problem is with webdav and the
>> latest httpclient.
>> Do you have any status on that?
>>

>> Ciao,
>> Mario

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Mario Ivankovits
Software Engineering

OPS EDV VertriebsgesmbH
A-1120 Wien, Michael-Bernhard-Gasse 10

Firmenbuch Nr.: FN51233v, Handelsgericht Wien
Tel.: +43-1-8938810; Fax: +43-1-8938810/3700
http://www.ops.co.at

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: mario_ivankovits