> shouldn't this be the default? Not everybody reading the list needs
> all the patches, they increase only the list traffic.

I don't really have a preference and am willing to do whatever the group wants. There seemed to be an awful lot of patches mailed to the commons-dev list so I assumed that this was the preferred way. For now, I'll stick with posting patches to bugzilla.

Do the committers keep an eye on all the bug reports to see when a new patch has been submitted or should patches be announced on the list anyway? I'm all for keeping the list traffic down so if just uploading the patch to bugzilla is good enough then I'll stop there.

--
Mike Bowler
Principal, Gargoyle Software Inc.