From: Derk Muenchhausen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 13:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: performance

Hi,

I just compared the performance of Sun's HttpURLConnection with Apache's
HttpClient. I tried several times a chunked communication with four 8192
byte chunks.

HttpURLConnection needs about 890 ms, HttpClient needs just 722 ms.

Was my measuring wrong? Is HttpClient really faster than
HttpURLConnection? What have you done, that HttpClient got significant
faster?

Derk