Based on the recent URI discussion, and some other points, it strikes me that we could take a little more credit for the work that has gone into HttpClient.

On the HttpClient home page (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/index.html) four RFCs are listed.

Given all the discussion about URIs being thrown around, I think it might be reasonable to add RFC 2396 - for URI compliance. Then there is RFC 1867, for multipart/form-data POST requests (I think I got the right number there). Are there RFCs corresponding to our "cookie" compliance? Any other RFCs we can claim credit for conforming to?

With the recent "Protocol" changes, I think we've made it relatively straightforward for clients of HttpClient to plug in their own secure sockets implementations, making it easier to use third party, non-Sun solutions.

Someone posted recently that HttpClient appears to be faster than the corresponding Sun solution.

Any other up-sides that people can think of? To push adoption of HttpClient, I think we want to get as much up on this page as we can. Not to mention, the next time my boss comes and asks me exactly why I've been sinking time into HttpClient, I can point to this page, and ask "what's not to like?"

Just a thought.

-Eric.