Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Februar 2003 17:04
An: Commons HttpClient Project
Betreff: Re:AW: POST method - Default content encoding

Mathis,
I have double-checked the code and so far I have got no reason to assume it
produces errnous results. I have run a simple echo test against HttpClient
test web application. All Umlauts appear to be doing fine there.

I do not know the inner working of the CGI application you are using to
perform content encoding check. So, I can't tell if everything is all right
there

I can advise you to run your test locally with the following system
properties:

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire=debug
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient=deb
ug

You sould see the following line in the debug trace, if encoding charset has
not been explicitly specified:

[DEBUG] HttpMethod - -Default charset used: ISO-8859-1

Or better yet, send the debug trace for examination